Baby Milestone Session Details
These sessions are all about capturing the sweet milestones that happen in the first year of your baby's life! Grabbing their toes, giggling, putting anything and everything in their mouths, tummy time, sitting up, crawling, etc etc! My goal is to capture those precious details for you so that you have them for a lifetime! These sessions do not have to be exactly at the 3 Month, 6 Month, 9 Month, 1 Year. They can be whenever you feel like you want to capture where your baby is.
These session usually last around 45 min - 1 hour depending on baby. We can take time to feed and snuggle as well as get them used to me as well! Most babies love me, so I normally do not have a hard time coaxing those sweet smiles out, but every baby is different!
Anything you can bring to make them laugh and/or capture their attention is perfect! Some fan favorites have been playing videos on your phone, anything that makes noise, and of course playing peek-a-boo. 99% of the photos I have in my Baby Milestone portfolio are taken with mom/dad/me acting absolutely crazy behind the camera! :) So be prepared to be silly and loud to get their attention! I do have a radio baby mix playing during your session to add to the ambiance.
1. Please bring extra wipes and diapers.
2. Any outfits or special sentimental items you would like to include. (Let me know what they are in your questionnaire)
3. If possible, bring baby fully fed as that will give us more time for pictures!
4. Ask me if you have any questions! I am happy to help!
Health: Because of the nature of my job, and the exposure I have to brand new babies, I ask that if ANYONE in your family is sick, that you not bring them to your session. I work extremely hard to ensure that my home and studio is free of germs and sickness, and take it very seriously the health and safety of the newborns & babies that arrive here.
Cake Smash: If you will be adding a Cake Smash to your 1 Year Milestone Session, here are some details! I will bring a white blanket, and all the cleanup supplies. (paper towels, water, garbage bags). I normally have the cake on a stand for the shot I do of just the cake, but then after that it works good to have the cake just on a cardboard base right on the blanket.
~ Please note that not all babies end up LOVING the cake or the texture of it. One way to help them prepare is to let them try with a cupcake of similar frosting etc so that it isn't so new to them on their session day. Babies are often hesitant to try new tastes and textures, and this is one way to help them become familiar with it ahead of time. ~
Items you will need to bring:
- The Cake = I would love to be able to provide this for my clients, but due to possible food allergens etc, it is unfortunately a liability for me, so I have the parents bring the cake. It is worth noting that If this is the first time that your baby has eaten this type of food, it is a good idea to come with some sort of benadryl just in case there is a reaction. Rare, but it's good to be prepared. Hint: Any type of fluffy whipped or butter cream icing works best. Stay away from fondant as it can be a chocking hazard. Chocolate tends to not photograph as well (looks like mud :) as a white cake does. Also red and blue can be hard to get off baby.
- The Cake Stand = Normally the cake already has a stand, but like I mentioned this is mostly just used for the first picture of just the cake. So if you do not have one, no worries!
- Backdrops = Feel free to get creative and chat with me about your ideas! Banners or pendants work great. Please let me know what to expect prior to your session so that I know how to set up. I have a cream paper that I use for indoors, and outdoors I have a white blanket we can use.